Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bilalgunay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Simulating a logic with Row Number Over and Left Join

Dear All,

I have a logic that is developed in SQL and I am trying to simulate/calculate it in Qlik. As I am relatively new in Qlik, I could not apply the bits and pieces correctly, thus need your help.

The SQL Code you can find below:

select Application, Location, Time, case when min(STP) = 0 then 'YES' else 'NO' end FLAG_6HR

from (

select distinct Application, Location, Time, sum(Availability) as STP

from

(

select BASIS1.Application, BASIS1.Location, BASIS2.Time, BASIS1.Availability

from

(

select Application, Location, Time, Availability

, row_number() OVER(PARTITION BY 1 ORDER BY Application, Location, Time)   as RW_NR

from Table

) BASIS1

left join

(

select Application, Location, Time, Availability

, row_number() OVER(PARTITION BY 1 ORDER BY Application, Location, Time)   as RW_NR

from Table

) BASIS2

on BASIS1.Application = BASIS2.Application

and BASIS1.Location = BASIS2.Location

and BASIS2.RW_NR between BASIS1.RW_NR - 11 and BASIS1.RW_NR

) as TOT

GROUP by Application, Location, Time

) FINAL

There is also an example Excel attached. I created the Excel only for a day, an application and one location though. The solution should be more dynamic for those dimensions.

I receive an availability result for some applications and some locations every 30 min. If the availability is 0 for consequtive 6 hours the aggrement is then breached thus the flag is calculated in Excel. Mind that the this Information is not limited to a day thus the 6 hours window is always sliding.

Could anyone help me on this?

Please do not hesitate to ask questions if it is not clear enough.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

This can be one way to do it

Table:

LOAD *,

TimeStamp(Today() + Time) as DateTime;

LOAD Time,

Application,

Location,

Availability

FROM

[..\..\Downloads\Example.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If(

RangeSum(

Availability,

If(Application = Peek('Application', -1) and Location = Peek('Location', -1), Peek('Availability', -1), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -2) and Location = Peek('Location', -2), Peek('Availability', -2), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -3) and Location = Peek('Location', -3), Peek('Availability', -3), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -4) and Location = Peek('Location', -4), Peek('Availability', -4), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -5) and Location = Peek('Location', -5), Peek('Availability', -5), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -6) and Location = Peek('Location', -6), Peek('Availability', -6), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -7) and Location = Peek('Location', -7), Peek('Availability', -7), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -8) and Location = Peek('Location', -8), Peek('Availability', -8), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -9) and Location = Peek('Location', -9), Peek('Availability', -9), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -10) and Location = Peek('Location', -10), Peek('Availability', -10), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -11) and Location = Peek('Location', -11), Peek('Availability', -11), 0)) = 0, 'YES', 'NO') as Flag_6HR

Resident Table

Order By Application, Location, DateTime desc;

DROP Table Table;

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is the goal of this thread is to calculate the Flag_6HR within Qlikview rather than doing this in SQL?

bilalgunay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Sunny,

Yes you could say that. Though this is not the final goal of my calculation, I hope I can manage from there onwards.

I have some 7 Different Applications and 16 Different Locations for which I receive the Availability every 30 minute intervals.

And as a part of the KPI, I need to calculate this flag as it is crucial if it is breached or not.

sunny_talwar

This can be one way to do it

Table:

LOAD *,

TimeStamp(Today() + Time) as DateTime;

LOAD Time,

Application,

Location,

Availability

FROM

[..\..\Downloads\Example.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

If(

RangeSum(

Availability,

If(Application = Peek('Application', -1) and Location = Peek('Location', -1), Peek('Availability', -1), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -2) and Location = Peek('Location', -2), Peek('Availability', -2), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -3) and Location = Peek('Location', -3), Peek('Availability', -3), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -4) and Location = Peek('Location', -4), Peek('Availability', -4), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -5) and Location = Peek('Location', -5), Peek('Availability', -5), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -6) and Location = Peek('Location', -6), Peek('Availability', -6), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -7) and Location = Peek('Location', -7), Peek('Availability', -7), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -8) and Location = Peek('Location', -8), Peek('Availability', -8), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -9) and Location = Peek('Location', -9), Peek('Availability', -9), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -10) and Location = Peek('Location', -10), Peek('Availability', -10), 0),

If(Application = Peek('Application', -11) and Location = Peek('Location', -11), Peek('Availability', -11), 0)) = 0, 'YES', 'NO') as Flag_6HR

Resident Table

Order By Application, Location, DateTime desc;

DROP Table Table;

bilalgunay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Sunny,

in between I was partly out of office and then tested it. Sorry for the late response, but it worked. Thanks alot!