Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dwyane
Contributor II
Contributor II

Single Line Chart multiple dimensions

Hi All,

I have a table that looks like this 

MonthProductExpectedActualName
1abc10%3%a
1abc10%4%b
1abc10%1%c
1abc10%4%d
2abc20%7%a
2abc20%9%b
2abc20%14%c
2abc20%19%d

I want to create a line chart that shows the months on the x axis and the expected and actual on the y axis. Ideally i would like the legend to show the product and names (so single lines for each name and one line for expected)

From reading the forums i believe Qlik does not support multiple dimension and expression. Is there any other way to achieve this? I have tried many things but cant get it to work. Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

In Month 1 you have 4 Names for Product ABC. Are you Aggregating your Expected/Actual %'s in some way? Or are you using 4 different lines as Set Analysis or IF Expressions? Each Name would then be in the legend. 

I assume that you actually have more than just a single Product "ABC" and not sure how that will work for you in a single chart. 

The best I think you can hope to accomplish by TRELLISING the Line Chart so that each value for PRODUCT will have it's own line chart. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Trellis_Setting...

Trellis.png

Dwyane
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The user will be filtering on a product line and so only one product line will be available at any one time in the chart. I would like 1 line for expected so in the example for month 1 it would plot at 10% and then i would like to see 4 names in the legend and so one line for each, so in total 5 lines. Does that help?

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Easy Breasy then

Your line chart Title would be: ='Line Chart for ' & GetFieldSelections(Product)

Your line for Expcted would be: Max(Expected)

Your 4 Name lines would be use set analysis to use only their name: Sum({<Name={'a'}>}Actual)

I modified some of the data so the lines aren't your numbers but this is what it looks like:

LineChartFor.png

Dwyane
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

But then I would need a set analysis for every name? The names could change, apologies the table I provided was just a sample it could go up to 15-20 names and depending on the product that could change. Can I do the set analysis dynamically?

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Sorry there is no way to automate the generation of 15-20 expressions.

That is where the TRELLIS will come in handy. It will iterate through all of the names you have for whatever product is selected. 

Dalton_Ruer_2-1619114528991.png