Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marleygt
Creator
Creator

Slider Filter

Hi all!

I Need help and suggestions for this situation:

A Slider filter (or something similar) in order to limit data in pivot table for "min" and "max" value (that customer will choose by his own).

How to perform that if I have to consider at least 3 dimensions (Eg. "InitiativeName", "Brand" and "Places") and 2 fields (Eg. "Sales" and "Pieces")?

Some specs:

- It's not necessary to filter 3 dimensions at same time;

- the 2 fields are already available as an orphan table called "SalesPieces", which contains both fields, that I am using as desired with a connected variable. (vSalesPieces);

My problem: I don't know how to create right expression;

The main idea I suppose should be somewhat like Aggr(InitiativeName,$(vSalesPieces)>=vSlider) (in the "Data" field of slider properties - "Expression") - (where  variable "vSlider" should contains the relative value from the user in the input box for min and max).

I found a lot of discussions, chiefly referred to "Date/Month" period. I tryed to convert in Value/Pieces but I just make a real mess.

Lost the way...need someone who could bring me back to the right way .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How about using something like (for a single expression value):

=IF((sum(something) >= $(vSliderLow)) and (sum(something) <= $(vSliderHigh)), sum(something))

When your expression result falls outside the slider range, it will be replaced by a NULL value. And NULL values will disappear from a table.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

You can use slider/calendar object by selecting slider.

You can set the min and max values using a variable, it can be shown in input box to edit.

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @vsaikrishna, thank you for reply!

What you suggest is ok, but I've already pass this point:

Slider.JPG

Problem is when I move slider, there is no effect on pivot table.

Need to clarify how to set correctly for let it work.

Point is: need to set manually a value inside the filter, or to fix it in the slider, and then moving the slider need to show only data in range.

Alex

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How about using something like (for a single expression value):

=IF((sum(something) >= $(vSliderLow)) and (sum(something) <= $(vSliderHigh)), sum(something))

When your expression result falls outside the slider range, it will be replaced by a NULL value. And NULL values will disappear from a table.

Best,

Peter

marleygt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi pcammaert! Thank you for your reply and sorry for late answer.

Weekend tooks me away and have also other things to follow.

However, your solution was enough and perfectly working!

Now I am trying to implement in a very complex scenario...but for the moment it's ok!

Thank you very much!

Alex

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No problem, Alex. Take your time. I'm not in a hurry, just glad that I was able to help.

Enjoy QlikView and the Qlik Community

stipas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, apply this solution but,  i am working ina simple table and i need to desapire the null field, any solution ??