Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgkrsk
Contributor
Contributor

Sort by Load Order doesn't sort by load order?

Hi,

I imported some data from a few excels and did a crosstable for some of the excel columns, lets call it field A and when I use field A as a chart dimension or just as a select fields and sort by load order it actually isn't in load order, the order seems kind of random to me. Is it because I used crosstable? How could I  fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@pgkrsk  if I understood correctly

you can add Order by in your load script

for exemple

Input:

crosstable...

load ...

output:

noconcatenate

load * resident Input order by ....;

or you can share a sample

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
hoffer659
Contributor
Contributor

@pgkrsk mycardstatement wrote:

Hi,

I imported some data from a few excels and did a crosstable for some of the excel columns, lets call it field A and when I use field A as a chart dimension or just as a select fields and sort by load order it actually isn't in load order, the order seems kind of random to me. Is it because I used crosstable? How could I  fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You're almost there.  You just need to load the inline table before the main data load so the order is already defined, then drop the inline table after the main data load.  Then, in the chart just tick Load Order (or it might be labelled Original Order - can't remember!) in the sort tab.

Thanks and regards

hoffer

marcus_sommer

Applying sort by load order to a field within an UI object means to sort for the order in which the field-values were loaded. It has no relation to the load order of any tables.

It's not quite clear for me how do you want to sort your dimensions but the crosstable-part couldn't be sorted directly. This means you may need a following load in which you applies your wanted load-order and/or using recno() and rowno() within the loadings. Helpful is often also a pre-loading (before the real data are loaded) of the wanted load-order like (and afterwards you may drop this table again):

sort: load * inline [
Field A
a
x
b
y
];

- Marcus