Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting weekdays when comparing 7 days vs 7 days last year

Hi all,

I have a table chart comparing rolling 7 days this year with rolling 7 days last year. The problem is though that I need to compare weekday with weekday because sales are very different through the week.

For example, I am comparing Tuesday 09/07/2013 with Tuesday 10/07/2012.

The user can from a calendar pick a date and the rolling 7 objects start with showing sales for the selected date and 6 days prior to that date. That is all handled in the expressions

The problem is with the dimension for this chart. If have chosen weekday and I have problems with sorting the days in the correct order. I want the chosen weekday to be at the bottom and the prior days to go up.

In the example from above it should be:

Wed

Thur

Fri

Sat

Sun

Mon

Tue

Any help is very appreciated as I have struggled with this for quite some time now

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the sort pane, select the Weekday field. Check "expression" for sort, and enter the datefield value as the sort expression.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks, but I have tried this and it gives me this result (see below) if I select 10th May 2013. The first day, in this case Friday is always correct but after that the sorting won't work. Any other ideas?

Capture.PNG

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't recognize the language of your weekdays, so I'm having a hard time interpreting your results. What language is it? Can you upload a sample qvw?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

Sorry, forgot about that.

The language is the QlikView-land language, Swedish

This will tell you what days they are:

DayNames ='Må;Ti;On;To;Fr;Lö;Sö';

The sort setting looks like this:

Sort.PNG

The expression for the rolling 7 days for current year looks like this:

Count( {$< Year=, Month=, Day=,Week=,Quarter=, Date={">=$(=Date(Max(Date-6)))<=$(=Date(Max(Date)))"}>} distinct Ordernr )

And for last year rolling 7 days:

Count( {$< Year=, Month=, Day=,Week=,Quarter=, Date={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Date-5),-12)))<=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Date+1),-12)))"}>} distinct Ordernr

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Try

=min(Date)

for the sort expression.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob, but that didn't change the sort order.

Any more ideas?

Asa