Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Special icons won't display

I've created a straight table that I want my users to export to Excel. I went to "Caption" tab, checked the "Send to Excel" box, and it's there when the object is maximized. However, when I minimize the object, all the icons disappear (send to excel, maximize). I've never seen this happen before! The table is extremely wide - 91 columns - so I want to have it minimized most of the time. I've gone back and looked at/checked every possible sheet/chart option I can think of. It can't be at the document level, because on other sheets, the icons do show regardless of whether the chart is minimized or maximized.

Any thoughts?!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Kevin:

It is not possible. Alternative is to right click on the minimized table and select send to excel.

Note: When chart is minimized it is not calculated ie its inactive.

Kiran.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Kevin,

As Kiran mentioned above Charts are not calculated when they are minimized but they are calculated when they are hidden. One workaround is you can use the transparent text box with the caption and place this object on the minimized chart.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com