Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triekong
Creator
Creator

Specific and Common Filters

Hi All,

I have 3 data tables in my Qlik app: 1. Financial dataset 2. Utilization dataset 3. HeadCount dataset

There are common fields in all 3 of my datasets, such as 'Country' and 'PC Number'. There are also fields unique to each of these tables.

I am creating various charts on my dashboard summary page. I have one for Utilization, one for Financial and one for Headcount data.

I would like to filter these by the common filters at the top. but I don't want a selection of the unique fields to affect all the filters at the top. For example, if I select something in 'Country', I want it to filter country in each of the tables. But if I select 'Department' in the Headcount dataset, I would like it to affect the 'Country' on the Headcount Dataset, but not filter the 'Country' on the 'Financial' dataset.

I have done a QUALIFY statement in the script to remove the tables associations to prevent them filtering each other.

QUESTION: But now how do I have like a central Country field that filters each of these tables.

Any workaround for this?

Would i need to create another dataset with all the common field names? Would i use alternate states instead?

i have attached a test app and welcome any suggestions. thanks!

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

One way to do this would be to create one of the three country fields as a list box and use p() function in the charts for the other two tables.

For example, I used Finance.Country as a list box and use these expressions

Sum({<Utilization.Country = p(Finance.Country)>}[Utilization.Utilization left])

Sum({<HeadCount.Country = p(Finance.Country)>}[HeadCount.Employees Number])

Capture.PNG

This could become a problem if you don't have all possible values in at least one table. If this is the case, I would create a fourth island table with all possible values for Country and use that as a list box and change the expression for all three charts