Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Specific issue with a partial load - loop not working anymore?

`Hi,

I have just, with some help from this Community, implemented a partial_load scheme into my already quite complex script.

<=> Now one loop is not working anymore. I get only one record for display on the GUI (straight_table chart) where there used to be ten for this particular item.

- This loop is nested inside another, I have checked both:

- The table controlling the outer loop has 1 record, so that is only executed once (correct);

- The table controlling the inner loop then has 10 records (correct);

-  Inside the inner loop, the records for display should be loaded - that does run 10 times, I have been watching it in the

execution_window, but the nr. of records remains 1

=> My thought is: This table, like all others, has the REPLACE keyword, to make sure it is loaded within a partial_reload - can it be that

this has the effect that (in a regular LOAD) the table is replaced upon every iteration of the loop?

=> So I would have to write another clause to make sure the keyword REPLACE is used only in the first iteration and afterwards,

the keyword ADD is used instead?

Am I thinking right?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

HIT!

That is exactly what is happening - I have just backchecked this without that REPLACE keyword, and whoosh, it works and there are my 10 records ...

So now I will copy that LOAD and put it inside an IF_clause.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

HIT!

That is exactly what is happening - I have just backchecked this without that REPLACE keyword, and whoosh, it works and there are my 10 records ...

So now I will copy that LOAD and put it inside an IF_clause.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

This works.

Only a very small issue, but still - I could imagine many users implementing a partial_reload_scheme run into this - so, unless it is somewhere, I'd like to put it into some document or whatever - can anyone tell me where such small hints should be placed?