Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Speeding uploads by storing historic information

It currently takes a long time to load all our data into QlikView this is because we load all historic data. I want to speed the upload process but am unsure how to do this. I was thinking i might be able to store previous years data and then when we do daily uploads only load this year data. How would i go about doing this as we would still want the ability to interegate previous years data just not upload it all the time?

The other question i have is that if you store historic data does that mean it will not change from the data it was stored

Thanks

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Historic data is something that doesnt change , if your data reload takes too much time you can just load the data for each year and store it as a qvd(this is a one time exercise), your model then talk to these qvd's which will reduce a lot of time

or

if you historic data changes, you can go for incremnetal load to reduce the reload times

Peter

Not applicable
Author

we wouldn't want our historic data to change so the QVD option would be best. How do I go about doing it though? and would i need to change the loading script?

Thank you

Anna

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Even if your historical data doesn't change, I think using incremental loads is usually a better approach than creating multiple QVDs. Yes, there's additional work being done with incremental loads that technically isn't required, but an optimized QVD load like you would use for incremental loads is typically very fast in my experience. You can search for "incremental" in the reference manual. That should point you to a chapter with explanations, pictures, and sample scripts.

Not applicable
Author

John,

I am new to QlikView and trying to understand the Incremental Load concept.Can you please send me the link to the manual you're referring to.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

It should be in your QlikView\Documentation folder, file QlikView Reference Manual.pdf. If it isn't there for some reason, you can download it from here:

http://global.qlik.com/download/

Select "Documentation", "QlikView Desktop", your version and your preferred language.

Not applicable
Author

John ,

I am trying to combine the both tables.Whats the best way to do this?

Brief background of the data in the tables:

1.Some rows are present in the both tables which needs to be merged

2.Rows present in table 1 will or will not be present in the table 2 and vice-versa which should be retained.

3.If a row is present in por_order_extract which is there in the pp_ewallet_transaction ,a column in the pp_ewallet_transaction table indicates the presence of the row in the other table(column name:order_uuid)

4.some of the columns like date,app_name,app_partner ,reference_id are present in both the columns.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

Could you please help me out here? This is regaring storing data of a table into Monthly and MonthEnd QVD's.

http://community.qlik.com/message/321197#321197

Please help!

Thanks,

Rikab

Not applicable
Author

See this litte script help for your delta load

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-17965