Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Splitting a record

I have a list box in my QlikView document which is loaded with Customer data that resides in the Customer.csv file (which exists in the Tutorial folder). I get a blank line in the list box which is due to the data which is not cleansed..

The data is something like this:

CustomerID CustomerName Address City

1001 Adder Inc., 14,George Washington San Franscisco

1002,Adder Inc.,,"9,rue de la Poste",Montreal, Canada

The data in the second row, first column contains incorrect data. This requires splitting into other fields. Is there any option where I can split the data. I tried "Enable transformation Step" while loading the file, but wasnt able to find an option to split.

Could you please let me know how to resolve this problem

2 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Hi,

depending a bit on the data, if it is just caused by double colons, would try to replace ,, with , and replace " with nothing. In the next step then do a separation of the field with SUBFIELD-function.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

from the Data that you have shown, i dont feel CSV will the right file format for you to store the details as the data itself has Comma as part of it in your address. In excel itself it will split it into multiple columns. These kind of data has to be kept with a different delimiter (like '|' pipe symbol) and then read into QlikView. you can take in details which are having customer code as a valied number, but this the blank row also will get eliminated.

hope this helps.

Sriram N