cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poluvidyasagar
Creator II
Creator II

Store date file into XML

Is there any way to store the data into XML (just like qvd)?

If so, how?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The second poster was correct on this one, here is the Help link behind things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

The only thing of which I can think would be to store to CSV and then if you have a third-party utility that can convert, you could use that, and you could write a .bat or .cmd and use Publisher to run that as a support task, best I idea I have on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

XML is not available.

You can save it as a csv file.

store mytable into myfile.txt (txt);

marcus_sommer

You could try it with qvx like:

store table into table.qvx (qvx);

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The second poster was correct on this one, here is the Help link behind things:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scrip...

The only thing of which I can think would be to store to CSV and then if you have a third-party utility that can convert, you could use that, and you could write a .bat or .cmd and use Publisher to run that as a support task, best I idea I have on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi there,

We've made 2 years ago a dynamic script that is creating an XML file, according to a tree structure definition, read from a set of 2 definition tables (XMLtables and XMLfields).

It is using to store as a "fake" CSV, that actually has a full XML inside. 

Not always giving a perfect result ...
So we had to run an additional PY script to clean some messy characters afterwards.

(Can create JSON as well)

We are using this to create, quite fast, pretty big SAF-T.XML files.

(Still tinkering from time to time)

If somebody needs a Qlik script for creating complex XML or JSON , let us know !

Sempre fi,
C