Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Store in PDF in defined path

Hi All,

I need a help in storing report in PDF format.

It Should select code 101 and then store the report in the defined path in Variable with name 101.pdf.

Then it should select code 102 and then store the report with name 202.pdf in the same path.

In the same way all other codes.

I am using QV version 9.5 and I have PDF Exchange 3.0 installed but the default printer is other.

Please find the attached qvw file for your reference.

your help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Veman Reddy

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is a functionlity given by publisher in version 10. Before trying some macro or other funny stuff, do you have a publisher license, and can you update from 9 to 10 ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Renaurd,

Thanks for your reply

We dont have publisher license.

Regards,

Veman Reddy

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Veman,

If you are using PDF Creator then you can define path for Auto Save Option.It will automatically save on that path.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Give me the macro for the same. I did the same for 8.5 fro client in your company where you are working now. If you are aware of version 9 we have PDF Exchange 3.0.

If you have the answer give me.

Regards,

Veman Reddy

suniljain
Master
Master

sub PrintReport

Set PDFCreator = CreateObject("PDFCreator.clsPDFCreator")
PDFCreator.cOption("UseAutosave") = 1 ' Enable autosave
PDFCreator.cOption("UseAutosaveDirectory") = 1 ' Use a specific save directory
PDFCreator.cOption("AutosaveDirectory") = "C:\Test\"' ActiveDocument.getVariable("TempPath").GetContent.String ' Set autosave directory
PDFCreator.cOption("AutosaveFormat") = 0 ' Use PDF file type (.PDF extension)
PDFCreator.cOption("AutosaveFilename") = "My PDF" ' set the filename, optionally you can get the Caption of the object and use it as Filename
PDFCreator.cPrinterStop = FALSE
' Export to PDF File
ActiveDocument.PrintDocReport "RP01", "PDFCreator"

End Sub

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

It is giving save as dialogue box, my suggestion is download the attached file and do in ur system and let me know.

Thanks for your macro.

Regards,

Veman

suniljain
Master
Master

I am using PDFCreator not a PDF Exchange 3.0. May be the reason. Given Macro perfectly working in my case.