Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight Table with Custom Dimensions

Hi everyone,

I need to create a Straight Table as shown below:

Jan Feb MarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecTotals
Values Predicted10.0020.0030.0035.0054.0024.0032.0023.0034.0012.0019.0018.00311.00
Actual Values10203060
Current Mth Values33333333327
Future Plan 134321546433240
Future Plan 2
Delivered Charges0
2016 Forecast
ABC

----------------------------

Issues in building this view:

- The Dimensions are not present in any table. So I have to create them explicitly. Which is the best way to do it? Also explain how.

- I can create Jan, Feb, Mar....Dec columns by creating expressions. But the problem is, not all values are stored in the same month column. For example, for Values Predicted row, the values for every month are present in a different fields. Similarly, for the row Actual Values row, the values are coming from different fields. If I create an expression for Jan month as sum(val_jan), it will create values for one row, but what about the rest of the rows?

-Somehow if we create the dimensions explicitly, how are they mapped to the monthly values?

I would really appreciate if someone goes through the caveats and guide me through proper solution.

Thanks

10 Replies
sateeshkumar
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Did you find answer for this as i am facing the same issue. I have one inline and also have year_month as dimentions. So i want to pivot table with last 6 months data. whereas each row in inline column having different expression. When i tried to develop this by using pick(match...) condition, it is displaying only latest month.All other months having null values.

below is my expreesion for one row.

pick(match(dim_1,'value1','value2',...),

Only({<Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)>=$(vMin6month)"}>}metric1),

Only({<Date={"<=$(vMaxDate)>=$(vMin6month)"}>}metric2)...)

So please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks