Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table: Fast change from totals to percentages

Hello,

I have a straight table that has 6 different expressions which calculate totals through set analysis.  Each expression is part of a cyclic group which switches between the calculated totals and the percentage of the totals.  Is there a way that I can switch all of the cyclic groups at once so that I only have to click the quick switch button one time?

3 Replies
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I won't do this with cyclic groups but with 12 expressions. then I would set conditions for these expressions, showing only totals or percentage depending on a fieldvalue (create a little table with two values 'totals' and 'percentage' with no link to other tables)

Hope this helps,

Edgar

Not applicable
Author

I like that idea, and I'm thinking about using a variable to determine the condition of the table if it should show either the 'totals' or percentages'.  However, I don't know how to switch the value of a variable on the qlikview document level (or create custom text on a list box).  Please advise.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Use buttons to change the variable value.

Suppose create two buttons Totals and Percentages as captions.  On clicking the Totals button change the variable value by using the Actions->Add->External-> Set variable

and give the variable name and value.

Likewise you can change the variable value  Chec the attachment for example.

Or

Simply create two widgets for Total and Percentages respectively and show hide those on clicking the buttons.

Regards,

jagan.