Did you mean: 
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III

Straight table column problem

Hi qliks,

We have a straight table which has around

74 columns. It displaying data.

But when I added a new column table is not displaying any data. I mean it's blank. After removal of new column table is displaying data.

What could be the possible reasons for this.

Is there any limitations to straight table

26 Replies
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You maybe right . I will create new table and check

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

New dimension that I'm adding is date field with timestamp.

Maybe that is the reason table can't display data

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I just added that date with timestamp field with other 2 or 3 columns and it's displaying data.

Maybe straight table unable to fetch large amounts of data

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And it will work with sample data as it is small

I already told to you that it has 74 columns and no expression.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If your table has 74 dimensions, you may simply be running out of memory, or hanging due to the complexity of the calculation. That is a staggering amount of dimensions...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In my way i came with some thoughts

1) May be Limited columns in Tablebox - But, I don't think limit is the problem because we can use number of columns if we have enough RAM and CPU as specification required

2) Here, I was thinking about data immigrant which has unique granularity cells of each columns. Let's consider as 3rd one

3) When we have some unique rows which is not there of another table called immigrant

4) Let's discuss, with example - If we are adding 3 columns each with 20 distinct values then qlik products calculate as 20*20*20 that means the rows efficient and increasingly.

5) What you think when you have 73 columns with 100 distinct values? Does it make sense to calculate each 100*100*100....power of 73 time as Qlik calculates. do you know what does value indicated it extend to around 1e+148 times?? So, For this i think you need Trillion GB of RAM for sure.

5) so, to resolve this issue i would always prefer to think measure (expression). Why are you using for dimensions as we have metric level aggregation to calculate

Does this helps to you?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes you are right. When I add other new column with less data. It's displaying data. But when I add date with timestamp column it's going blank.

What I have to do now

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It's because of timestamp and number of unique values are more. So it's unable to fetch data.

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi anil,

I have 3 expressions. But I can calculate them in script level. So I changed those 3 expressions also to dimensions

Recently we changed another column to timestamp format. Now it's the second column we are adding timestamp format. And I calculated count of that field

It has 5131 unique values

Chart is going out of memory as Jonathan suggested

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you read my bullet points where 4th and 5th you will get some idea...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful