Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange application behaviour with list box values

I have a list box with Branch names.  Initially i had the following branches as part of the list of branches:

'Dae nite' which i replaced with 'Daenite' in my data base and 'Market Square' which i replaced with 'Bank' in the data base.

However i still have these branches appearing when i select the Branch field as shown in the following screen shot (they are loaded with Upper(Branch) 😞

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 22.28.25.png

I should not be seeing 'Dae nite' and 'Market Square' in the list box since they have been replaced as indicated above.  I have searched for the presence of these field values in my data base so may times and i do not find them present yet they appear in the 'BRANCH' list box.

What could be going on.  I have Section Access in the document.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Nate

I manage to locate my problem in the script.  I had a 'BUFFER LOAD' statement and that's why i kept on having those changed fields appearing in my QV document because they were being loaded from a QVD created from the BUFFER LOAD.  Removing the BUFFER statement normalises the situation.

Regards.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Could be a couple things.  Most likely, you are seeing values that are stored in the Transnational records, and were not affected when you changed the data values in the Branch table of the database.  An example would be when you enter an order into a system.  You enter all the data and select the appropiate Branch.  You save the order and move on to the next.  A month later, you update the Branch Table to reflect some changes, like changing Market Square to Bank.  However, the database doesn't go back through all the orders and change Market Square to Bank, it just updates the Branch table so the next time an order is entered, Bank shows up and the USer can no longer see Market Square. 

To test this, you can see where your Branch field is coming from.  Are you using Branch from the Branch table, or the Orders/Transactions table?

The other thing this could be is that Branch exists in a few places and you just didn't get it changed in all the right places, like maybe a Customer Table, Branch Table, and Region Table.  To test this, see what Table you are using to populate the list box in your Application.

Good luck.

Nate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Nate.  My Branch field is contained in only one table.

i will go through your thoughts and advise accordingly.

Regards.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you post your script?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Nate

I manage to locate my problem in the script.  I had a 'BUFFER LOAD' statement and that's why i kept on having those changed fields appearing in my QV document because they were being loaded from a QVD created from the BUFFER LOAD.  Removing the BUFFER statement normalises the situation.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Swuehl

Se my post above.  I had a BUFFER LOAD statement in the script which was creating the problem.

Regards.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Glad you got it all worked out.

Nate