Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gosiadabrowska
Contributor
Contributor

Strange problem with opening the QVW file

Dear All,

I'm facing this problem for few months now and I haven't been able to find a solution, so maybe some of you had similar case and know how to solve it.

I cannot open one of our qvw files on server, even though I can on Access Point with same user.

While trying to open on server I get error:

error1.png

after clicking ok I get:

error2.png

and at the end I geterror3.png.

This is the only file that I have such problem with.

Before and after trying to open it I can open any other report and as it is only me who cannot open it.

I don't think it is the licence problem nor the security settings (since as I've specified I can open it in Access Point).

My Qlikview version is 12.20.20700.0 November 2017 SR6, but I had the same problem on version 11 also with this file.

Looking forward for some advice.

Gosia

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think it's a licence issue because you have only two separate accesses to an application. One will be the access point and another probably the access with a desktop client on a certain machine - if you then tries to access the file with the desktop client from another machine it will fail because it would be the third access (there is a quarantine of 30 days after that such access-restriction is automatically released). The error-message that no session or usage cal is available hints to the fact that there is no named or document cal left for your user.

- Marcus