Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sub Total of 2 dimensions

Hello

I built a pivot table with 2 dimensions on rows (Region and Sales Rep).

3 Expressions in columns.

I'm trying to have on top rows the aggregation of 2 dimensions (Since Sales rep work on all regions).

Could someone tell me if it's possible to do as in this picture ?

QV Expected.png

See below, what I have is only one line of total on the first dimension. So no way to see the total per sales rep in the same table...unless someone can help

QV Done.png

Thanks for your help

G

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

Well the logic was that you need AREA and Table in your pivot table. So I used an island table called Dim to assign Area as dimension when Dim = 1 and a hard - coded TOTAL when Dim = 2. Basically, we combined the two tables into one shared by Anil earlier.

With regards to Only({1} Dim), it is just to make sure that the sort order doesn't change based on selections. In this case, you might be able to use just Dim because it is Island table. But there has been times, when sorting screw up based on selection and adding {1} helps. If you don't like this, replace it with Dim

gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok I got it thanks a lot Sunny.

One more (and hopefully last) question

The dimension is actually a cyclic group dimension. I typed the name of this group in the formula which works fine.

The only thing is that the QVRoundArrow.png is not displayed

Do you have any clue ?

Thanks again

sunny_talwar

That might be an issue.... can you add the cyclic group in the sample for us to play around with?

gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

There you are

Thanks again and again

sunny_talwar

This may not be the best way, but I have created a text box with an image of the cycle group symbol and instead of using the cycle group, I am using an if statement. See if this can work because I think you might not be able to get the cycle group with the Pick(Dim...)

gbechard
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is what I thought I could do with a button, the image is a better idea.

Thansk again and again

sunny_talwar

No problem at all