cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeshDeepSingh
Contributor II
Contributor II

Subtract 1 column from another in Pivot table

I want to subtract second last column from last column in pivot table. The last column is latest Financial year and before that is previous one. The problem is headers will be updated with each year so need to work with column numbers.

This is all done inside pivot table so column names are actually because of the measure used.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
johann_bauer
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi DeshDeepSingh,

you can adress Columns in Qlik with Coloumn('Number of Column')

ex:

Column(3)-Column(2)

or the Name of the Column

ex

[FY3]-[FY2]

Hope this helps.

KR

Johann

DeshDeepSingh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried it but it doesnt make any changes, I am trying to create new column in Pivot Table but it doesnt seems to work.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Deshdeep, I just want to confirm this is QlikView?  The screenshot seems to look like Qlik Sense, which if so, check out the following Help link, it seems you cannot use it with Dimensions, only Measures...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Inter...

Let me know if this is Sense, and I can move the thread to the Sense forum for you, hopefully someone over there may have some other ideas.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.