Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

conditional text on axis

I currently have a bar chart showing actual hours vs forecasted hours. these are split by project numbers. I want to show the project descriptions on the x axis. I am able to do so but it shows for both the actual and the forecast bar for each project. how can I only show the description on the larger of the two bars? I cant figure out how to compare the expressions. I would really appreciate any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I managed to solve this by just concatenating the description to the Project No. with a space in between.

=[Proj No(B)] & chr(10) & [Project Des(B)]

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try to share sample application to help

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is for work so I am unable to share the actual file. but I made a similar one as an example. I would only like to show the project description on the larger of the two bars. as of now I show it only on the forecast bar, but some projects have no forecast value so no description is shown.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Matthew, The only way I see to potentially do it is to have the Desc field be null for the Forecast, but I am not sure how to do the data model to accomplish that and still have things properly linked.  The problem is with everything in single table, the Desc applies to all rows etc.  If you could split the Actual and Forecast into two separate tables where in the Forecast table the Desc is null, I think that would get you what you want here, and as far as I can see, that is the only way to go at things, but I am not a development guru, so hopefully someone else may now see this and think of another way to go at it, but I wanted to toss this out just in case you may be able to make it work.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I managed to solve this by just concatenating the description to the Project No. with a space in between.

=[Proj No(B)] & chr(10) & [Project Des(B)]