Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum between to values in a period where one date is already defined and the other selected

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new at QlikView and I need to create a sum between two dates, the initial date is already defined and the final date will be selected by user.

For example: Sum({$<Date={">'2010-01-01 00:00:00'<$(SelectedDate) "}>} ValueToSum)

I've been searching for this at this forum, but i can't find it.

Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avinashelite

sum({<Calender_Date={"Date={">Timestamp#('2010-01-01 00:00:00','YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT')<$(SelectedDate) ""}>}ValueToSum)

NOTE: make sure that your date columns have the same date formats

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What is the problem with your expression? It looks good to me, assuming 'SelectedDate' is a variable which gets selected date value.

Not applicable
Author

It doesen't work =(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try this

= Sum({$<Date={">Timestamp#('2010-01-01 00:00:00','YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT')<$(SelectedDate) "}>} ValueToSum)

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Please try

Sum({$<Date={">'2010-01-01 00:00:00'<'$(SelectedDate)' "}>} ValueToSum)

avinashelite

sum({<Calender_Date={"Date={">Timestamp#('2010-01-01 00:00:00','YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT')<$(SelectedDate) ""}>}ValueToSum)

NOTE: make sure that your date columns have the same date formats

Kushal_Chawda

Try,

sum({<Date ={">=$(=Timestamp#('2010-01-01 00:00:00','YYYY-MM-DD'))<=$(=SelectedDate)"}>}ValueToSum)

Not applicable
Author

The field had the same format =(