Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum of 12 months irrespective of selection

HI,

I have a database that contains information of several years in a monthly basis, latest is Jan 2017 for Sales and full year for Budget 2017, in a text object I am trying to show the full year value of whatever year budget, but when I select one month or more months i got the value of that specific month or if I select more months then I got the sum of those periods.

What I would like to achieve is to get the full year budget irrespective of the selection of a particular year.

Please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use set analysis expressions to ignore certain selections. Suppose you have a year field called Year and a month field called Month. And you have an expression sum(Amount). To make the expression ignore selections in the Month field you change it to sum({<Month=>}Amount). See A Primer on Set Analysis for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use set analysis expressions to ignore certain selections. Suppose you have a year field called Year and a month field called Month. And you have an expression sum(Amount). To make the expression ignore selections in the Month field you change it to sum({<Month=>}Amount). See A Primer on Set Analysis for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank Gysbert, it worked

Cheers