Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum(revenue), YOY and CAGR% in one bar chart?

Hi Team,

I have tow dimensions Year and Product Type and i have to show Sum of revenue of previous two years  and YOY and CAGR% as per my selection of year.( Ex: if i select 2014, i have to see 2012 and 2013). This needs to be bar chart.

Please see below pic as an example.  Please let me know if there is any possibility to show like this or is there any other better option?

Thanks
Sunil

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use Combo Chart....

% You can show as Line Chart..

chrislofthouse
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Due to you using text in chart I, personally, would avoid using a combo chart however it is a possibility. Instead I would ask myself if it is necessary to show all the numbers at once in one visualisation, and from there either split the two up or only show the bars initially and then add a fast change to a straight table to show the years, YoY and CAGR.

You could even show the YoY and/or CAGR (as a whole YoY figure) using text on axis. Then do the detail of the sections in the fast change as previously explained. If you upload a copy I might have time to demonstrate a few possibilities.

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Christopher,

I have attached the sample data,where Reporting Year is the Calender Year and Analysed Year is the year of Revenue received.

As said above, i want have two dimensions Reporting Year,Product. And i would like to show Sum of revenue of previous two years  and YOY and CAGR% as per my selection of Reporting Year.

As you said, can you help me on possible ways for the better representation of the requirements like in the image below

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i am not able to attache the excel file? how i send it to you?

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Use advanced editor and send file.

Untitled.png

chrislofthouse
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Click reply, top right of the text box is 'use advanced editor', click this. Then bottom right of the advanced editor is 'attach file'.

Cheers

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Christopher,

Document attached for your reference.

Please help me with the possible solutions.

Thanks

Sunil

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any luck Christopher?