Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sum till month ignoring month as dimension

Hi All,

I need urgent help regarding the problem:

I have count of IDs which i have to show monthwise where month is my dimension. Since i have to show month as horizontal dimensioni have pulled it on the top of pivot chart.

Attached is the sample data

Lets say if for June my count if IDs are 109 and for Aug it is 22. then the chart should show 109 under July and 124 under Aug since the ID may get duplicated in both the months. Hence need to take only distinct count till the month in dimension.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
16 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use The As-Of Table here

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have around 10 columns in the chart and this logic is needed just for one expression. If i take AS-Of-Month as dimension it will greatly impact rest of the other expressions.

sunny_talwar

I think it will give a much better performance compared to any alternative front end solution you will use for this particular expression where you are looking to accumulate over time.

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks.

But i need accumulation only for one expression. Rest of the expressions are straight forward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

first load distinct id for each  month then use full accumulation in chart.

RangeSum (above(sum(IDs),0,RowNo()))

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Since the dimension is horizontal above() doesn't work here.

Have tried with before but it doesnot give me count till date. Rather gave count for that month

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Saima,

Had to make a couple of transform changes to the data as there was 1 entry the was in text format and another that was in a different date format to the rest (15/08/2017) as opposed to the MM/DD/YYYY that the other entries are using.

Expression used:

aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count(DISTINCT ID),0,RowNo())),Month)

Untitled.png

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

What part isn't working? could you upload your app or take screen shot to show your workings