Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Sybase connection questionable

I have run into numerous problems where, for no apparent reason, a very simple sql query run through qlikview via ODBC connection returns less rows than it should.  There is no error returned and the script continues running as if there is no problem.  This is a query run every day and normally does not have this problem.  I have also seen this problem occur with other queries I run daily against Sybase database.  I am using a Sybase ASE OLE DB connector.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

1 Reply
Not applicable

Maybe you've already solved this problem, since it is already a couple of months. But since no one has responded yet I will try.

I noticed the same problem with some Sybase queries in Qlikview. The cause was: warnings. When a query raises an error it is catched by Qlikview en the load wil abort.

However, sometimes you don't get an error but a warning (e.g. with an arithmetic overflow). In that case Qlikview will continue the load as if nothing happened, but after the warning no records are returned to Qlikview.

So the question is: will the queries run OK and without warnings if you run them in a query tool?