Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator

TOTAL Count help

Dear all,

I have the below expression:

Count({<[Late/OnTime]={`Late`},Trade_Create_monthyear={`Jan 2023`}>}[Trader Full Name])/Count(TOTAL <Trade_Create_monthyear={`Jan 2023`}>[Trader Full Name])

I'm trying to calculate the Count of Late where create date is Jan 2023 and then the TOTAL count of all trades where create date is Jan 2023. I require these calculations at a trader level.

Any help with the above is much appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

Labels (1)
2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Count({$<[Late/OnTime]={'Late'}, Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>} [Trader Full Name])
/
Count({$<Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>} TOTAL [Trader Full Name])

Marijn
Creator II
Creator II

I think you could discard the TOTAL and just count all the 'Late' records divided by all the records in 'Jan 2023'?
Like this:

Count({<[Late/OnTime]={'Late'},Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>}[Trader Full Name])
/
Count(<Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>[Trader Full Name])

If you need it on a trader level and want to use the total function, I think you have to exclude the Trader from the total function. Like this:

Count({<[Late/OnTime]={'Late'},Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>}[Trader Full Name])
/
Count(TOTAL <Trader Full Name> <Trade_Create_monthyear={'Jan 2023'}>[Trader Full Name])