Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qw_jakub
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Table box optimization

Hello,

a part of my application is a sheet with an table box displaying some unique details of the transactions. But I am having some problems with its slow performance.

It is build on one big table (cca 15 milion rows) table. It should display: ID, time (precise to seconds), value of a dimension (used for selection by users), and two detail fields (cca. 40 characters each, almost unique for each row). (The table also contains an hour, and a minute field just used for selection in listboxes).

The only other table which is used on that sheet is a master calendar table used for selecting year, month and day.

I have set the calculate condition of the table box to display only when number of IDs is smaller then 100. But still it takes sometimes more then 10 seconds to display the results in the table box.

When I don't use the Calculate condition option it takes a good couple of seconds to recalculate the table box object after each selection, which is even more annoying.

My questions are:

A) Is there some way to optimize the display of unique detail fields in table boxes?

B) Is there a better way You use to display these detail fields [large table, unique value for each row, 20 + characters]?

Thank You in advance for any helpful comments!

2 Replies
Not applicable

Is it necessary for you to display all of these at once?  Would a pivot table be a little more efficient and less taxing on a user?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds suspicious. When your calculation condition is met, (<100 Ids), how many rows display in the table?

Do you have enough RAM on the machine you are developing on? Or are you spilling into virtual storage?

-Rob