Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table cell format horizontal

Hi,

I'd like to add a thicker horizontal line in an table chart. I tried via cell format but this doesn't work.

e.g.

ID | Date | Sales
1 | 05/06/2008 | 2000

"|" should be a thicker line. Is this possible?

Thanks
Aloah

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Custom formatting of the cell works fine for me to produce a thicker horizontal line. Do you mean a thicker VERTICAL line? I'm not sure how to do that. Not a single available style on the style tab has a thicker vertical line, so it may not even be possible.

As for workarounds, depending on your layout, you might be able to overlay a thick line on top of the table without causing any serious problems. Another approach would be to add an empty column with a dark background color. If necessary, you could shrink the column with a macro to the desired size.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Check out my shared QlikView called "Colors" - it's under the section "Partners in Action". You can change colors and thickness of any line there.

Specifically regarding the vertical lines - those are called "Major Borders", you can search the API guide for the appropriate macro function...

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for your help. yes I meant the vertical ones. sorry.

@ Oleg: great application. Is it also possible to specify the Major Border for a specific cell?

Regards
Aloah

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to change the BG color for just one of the column labels? It seems the BG color is applied to all column labels.

Thanks

\\

Tai

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I haven't done those things for a while, but I think you are right - all the labels are formatted in the same way, and I think it's on purpose - to force consistency...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

I have a very old version of your "Colors.qvw". Got it in version 8 and 9. I still use it to change the vertical borders of pivot and tables. I searched the community for a newer version. I could not find anything. Think the file is gone with the "old" community-site. After a long search I found your posting here and hope you can help the community once again.

I now it is lifes ago, but maybe you got share your version of it. I am happy to have an old one... better then no one. You would help many other users too, I think.

Thanks,

Jonas