Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Table design

Hello,

I have the following table two different ways, but the user is looking for something different.  Here are the tables:

Table.png

The user would like the 1st table to be augmented as follows:

Month 2014 Plan 2013

6         55.8 54.5  56.5

Variation    -1.3pp .7pp

Can this be done?  I have not found a way to drag the field as such, and could not find the correct syntax to create a calculated field.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

As an alternative i think you could turn on a TOTALs rows and use if() logic in the expression with Dimensionality() to conditionally calculate the totals differently.  Then its in 1 chart.

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

if ( Dimensionality()=0, 

num( sum( {$<Year={2011}>} Sales) /  sum(Sales),'#,##0.0%')

num(sum(Sales),'$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Yes this is possible, but you need to have 2 tables, one of them is the first without two columns for Var.

And the second table you need to put the values with formulas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Enrique,

Thank you for the response, can you describe a little further or display.  I am having trouble putting together your suggestion.

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

As an alternative i think you could turn on a TOTALs rows and use if() logic in the expression with Dimensionality() to conditionally calculate the totals differently.  Then its in 1 chart.

Capture.PNG.png

Capture.PNG.png

if ( Dimensionality()=0, 

num( sum( {$<Year={2011}>} Sales) /  sum(Sales),'#,##0.0%')

num(sum(Sales),'$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)')

)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Using cross table you may achieve it.

Regards,

Chinna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

Thank you that worked like a charm.  Bailed me out again.  I didn't think to use the dimensionality function, nor am I really familiar with that function and proper ways to use.  Thanks again!