Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator

Table row counter in a separate chart

Hi guys,

i'm trying to add a row counter chart to a sheet and i'd like it to show the number of rows displayed in a certain table even without any selections. I know i can find that count in the right lower corner of the screen selecting a table but i'd like to have the counter always clearly visible.

N.B. I can't work on the scritp and i can't upload the file because i'm using a shared document.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

I got the answer here Table row counter in separate chart

Thank you all for the help,

Andrea

PS: if there's a somebody who can close and set the thread as solved i'd be thankful.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use count-functions within a table-chart without dimensions like:

count(Dim1&Dim2&Dim3)

you will need to include your used dimensions.

But if you not want to count the number of records from certain charts (which is depending from the used dimensions) else you want to know how many records your tables have then you could use an inbuilt qv object "structure table" (last object by right click in sheet and choosing new object).

- Marcus

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

i'm afraid the thread has been duplicated (Table row counter in separate chart), i'll quote and reply to your answer in the other one, this can be closed.

Thanks a lot,

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add this at script in table?

'1' as RecordCounter

then at UI: sum(RecordCounter)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also do not post same thread multiple times again and again

Table row counter in separate chart

Colin-Albert

If you just want to see how many rows are in your tables then you can use the system fields $Table and $Rows in a chart.  This row value will not change as you make selections.

You will need to tick the Show System Fields option.

SystemFields.JPG

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Unforunately I can't work on the script because it's a shared document. Sorry for the duplicated thread, this morning the connection was not very good.

Thanks,

Andrea

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Albert,

i enabled system fields but i just can't understand how to make them work and i'm not sure that is really what i'm trying to do: what i need is a count of records (rows) contained in a table but it has to change every time i add any selection (and has to show the count without any selection too), so it has to be dynamic. Do you think i can do it with your previous advice?

Thanks a lot,

Andrea

Colin-Albert

The $Rows figure shows the number of rows loaded on the last reload it does not change with user selections.

Add a straight table chart with $Table as the dimension and $Rows as the expression.

If you want the value to change as you make selections, the use a count(fieldname) expression in a chart where fieldname is a field unique to the table you wish to count.

count({1} fieldname) will show the count excluding all selections

qv_bazz_10
Creator
Creator
Author

I got the answer here Table row counter in separate chart

Thank you all for the help,

Andrea

PS: if there's a somebody who can close and set the thread as solved i'd be thankful.