cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Table viewer showing negative values as number of rows

Hello All,

I have a situation where while executing a table everything was working fine, but when I check the number of rows in the Table Viewer, the number of rows displayed is in negative value. But that particular table has data which we can view in preview. Can anyone explain why the table viewer is giving the negative value as a number of rows?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's rather more than 2.147 billion. So, my guess is that after 2.147 billion records, i.e. the full 32-bit space, it flips the sign.

pow(2,32) - 3920916752 = 374050544

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Interesting. How many records are there actually in that table? More than 2.147 Billion?

sunny_talwar

Wow, never say this before, will be interested in knowing what exactly is going on here

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There are 3920916752 records available

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's rather more than 2.147 billion. So, my guess is that after 2.147 billion records, i.e. the full 32-bit space, it flips the sign.

pow(2,32) - 3920916752 = 374050544

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok, thanks for the information.. That is very helpful. I am using a 64-bit Qlikview, so can you please explain how does that work with that.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It seems that the address space used in the Table Viewer to store the number of records in a table is 32-bits wide. It's just programmed that way. It doesn't matter if you're using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Qlikview.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok thanks for the information once again.