Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task not triggered upon Multiple events Publisher

Hi colleagues,

To prevent the system to re-calculate unnecessary every day I have put a verification in extractors to fail if there is no new data (they work in delta mode).

e.g. if there is new data from any of the two extractors the transform/calculate task should be started

I have a task set to start upon 3 combinations of multiple events each with Time constraint of 120 min:

Start Transform task upon successful completion of Extractor 1 and Extractor 2

Start Transform task upon fail of Extract 1 and successful of Extractor 2

Start Transform task upon successful of Extract 1 and fail of Extractor 2

We use QV server 11.20.12235.0

Setup 1.png

Setup.png

Thanks for your advice/help how to setup the flow so that it works with the requested logic?

Best Regards, Kiril

2 Replies
t_witzgall
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

we have the same problem here.

It seems, the multiple event triggers are not combined with an OR-funciton but with an AND-function.

I tried it a few times and the task with more then one multiple trigger only starts after ALL of the events have happend. So in the case of Kiril the task posted will start after Extractor 1 and Extractor 2 have both finsihed and failed.

Is this a known bug?

Can someone help here, pls?

Best Regards,

Tamara

Not applicable
Author

At the moment i don't see straight answer, but there is a way around.

instead of causing the extractors to fail, maybe you could exit them ealier but without a failure. Using the early exit create some auxiliary table (a file) with an information if it has been an early exit.

Then use the information in these tables (created by both extractors separately) to early exit (or no) next task.