Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gautam
Contributor
Contributor

Task taking long time to Load the data

Hi All,

We have a Scheduled Jobs,  generally, it was used to taking less than 10 min to finish, since May first week our loads are taking more than 5 hrs which is not acceptable for the users, I tried by updating the ODBC drivers and recreating system DSN, No improvement found.  Can you share your thoughts on this,  Can you plz let me know If  I want to raise the incident to Qlikview support on the same issue how to do it.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Gautam.

7 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,
Did you checked the document logs from when it took 10min and when it took 5h. Is loading the same amount of data? Any change in the environment?
Cheers!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Gautam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I did not see any changes in the environment, from 7th May onwards I see the issue.

Josh_Berg_Support

I agree with Albert, I would compare the document logs from a time when the reload took 10 minutes to now and see where the additional time is coming from.  Have there been any changes in your Qlikview environment before this reload started taking longer than expected?  Have other reload tasks been affected as well?  Have there been any changes in the source data?

Thanks,
Josh
Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Gautam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Load time takes for all Data Sources. I have attached the log file 05/03 & 05/15. Can you plz check and let me know.

Thanks In Advance.

Albert_Candelario

I can see the reload time is not the same. If you try to run it at the same time as before, does it also take 5h?
To check the number of rows loaded you would need to check the document log, not the task one.
Cheers!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Gautam
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Albert,

we are generating the document but unfortunately not with the time stamp, log overwrites every time.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

On QlikView Server you can find the Script logs for each reload tasks for the last 30 days

Look at

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

there is a folder for each day, a folder for each task and the script log and the task log.

Regards