Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test against multiple rows

I am trying to make a validation where one [Filename] can have multiple corresponding values in [TaskName].

FileName                              TaskName

ExtractApplication.qvw          0.R.ExractApplication

Application.qvw                    0.R.Application

0.D.Application

We have the above naming convention on our scheduled jobs and I would like to do this validation to keep everything consistent and support a deployent tool we have created.

I have been playing with some kind of If statement like this

IF(FileName =TaskName, DoSomthing)

but this doesn't obviously not work for the Application.qvw file and I'm thinking  that some kind of set analyze would be the correct way and help would be greatly appreciated.

/Frank

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your 'DoSomething' a kind of aggregation, you might rather try like:

Sum( IF(FileName =TaskName, Amount))

I.e. - the structure would look like : DoSomething(IF (....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is the data setup in some kind of pivot format maybe in excel?

Looks like you will have to convert to a flat file format to make it easier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

See attached. Ive used the previous() function.

Output:

PreviousEx_snap1.PNG

* Updated attachments... C_ fields can be used to compare

Hope this helps!

D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Governanace dashboard is the datasource and I have created .qvd that I use in an application to deploy files.

One of the listboxes containes a list of files that a developer can deploy, the list is populated by an expresion and I want to verify that a file has the appropriate Task. Below is an example of a container where we have 5 .qvw that has 7 corresponding Tasks.

If I select a file that only has one Task attached to it do I get one match The test [Filename] = [TaskName] will work.

But If I select a file that has two or more will the validation [Filename] = [TaskName] obviously not work and I would like the validation to accept bothe R and D or ignore that charachter.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

As I suggested above, if you put your IF condition in an aggregation function (Sum(), Max()....), it should work fine even with multiple possible values. For further help, try to share a sample qvw explaining your expected output.