Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Testing approach

Hi,

I am new to this QlikView world. I would like to know what would be the best approach to test the applications built in QV.

I have taken the white box testing approach by creating views for each requirement and verifying how the data is displayed on screen. But I feel that't not a optimal approach to test the application. I appreciate if anyone can help me in deriving the best approach.

Thanks,

Srini

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Srini,

I am also new to Qlik world and still figuring out for testing approach to test Qlik Implementation. We have different sets of Apps/Sheets which contains several filters & Graphs. I am currently creating a replica of filters through SQL Query and verifying the data.

I guess you must have figured out other ways to test this implementation by now. If yes then can you please share them.

Thanks!

Sourabh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sourabh, did you manage to define the test approach?

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ideally you can compare the results to the source system.

If there is an existing system in place before QliKView the results should match.

I would also test for problems in the data model by using text boxes to add some counts and sums for sanity checks.

Don't get to caught up in trying to compare one chart to another because they won't match if they have different dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

Completely agree with Dan.

I am currently testing the Qlik Implementation(Qlik Sense) in similar manner. We have SAP BO reports in place though which I am comparing my result.

We have grouped different Visualizations in different Sheets.  Now whenever you apply a filter on any Sheet - you should prepare a similar SQL/Reports and cross verify the result.

Dan - Can you please explain the testing approach of Data Models by using text box in details.. I would like to learn Data Model testing and apply it in my testing.