Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text Object Expression that is agnostic to a specific selection

Hi Qlik experts,

Below is a screenshot with several text objects, each with specific expressions. As shown in the 1st screenshot, these are all calculating as expected. However, I have a specific use case where I need to alter the way the Actual Cost to Date is calculating. I need to allow our users to select a Week End date value. As currently constructed, when I select say 11/27/15, my Actual Cost to Date calculates for that given week (which is correct). BUT, for this particular sheet, I need this object to be agnostic to the Week End selection and rather, calculate the Actual Cost to Date for the full project duration [Project Start Date through Project End Date]. How can i modify the below expression to accomodate this? Note: I have included a 2nd snapshot at the bottom to show what occurs when i do select 11/27/15. I need to select on the below list boxes, but have the Actual Cost to Date render the value in the 1st screenshot.

=num($(=$(vActualRev)),'$###,###,##0.##')

Correct.png

Not what I want.png

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think seeing what you want is very useful, but not having information about what you have (we don't even know how your expression looks like because its hidden behind the variable) would be equally helpful. Would you be able to share a sample (may be with dummy data) and your expectation from the dummy data?

Not applicable
Author

I tried this (which includes showing the full expression and not the variable). I think this will work in that it will not respect the Week End selection which is what I want for this one object. Agree?

=num(sum({$<[Week End]=>}([Billable Hrs] * [Billing Rate])),'$###,###,##0.##')

Not applicable
Author

Hi - I needed to expand my original example and have since constructed the below expression within a text object.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I need the math to do:

=10,000 - (10 * 100) + 9500))

=10,000 - 10,500

= - 500

But right now i have it incorrect as the math is doing:

= 10,000 - 1000 + 9500

= 18,500

=num(sum({$<[Week End]=>}[Original Rev Est]) - sum({$<[Week End]=>} ([Billable Hrs] * [Billing Rate])) + sum({$<[Week End]=>}([Estimate Cost to Complete])), '$###,###.00')