cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Text Object

I have a dashboard with multiple sheets on one page. I have entered static text in one of the sheet. But when I maximize that sheet, the text goes away.

Please let me know how can I display text even after maximizing the sheet. Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, maximize option only maximizes one object, so the other is kept behind that one, you can try using 'Text in chart' option, wich is in presentation tab, there you can write the text you want and apply some formats.

Once inserted you click the chart (to make it the active object) and press CTRL+SHIFT, the text will be displayed with a red border, so you can drag to change the width and hight of the text and set the position for it. Note that the text can automatically moved when maximized (I think it keps the % of space to the borders of the object) so you neeed to find a suitable position for both: maximized and restored.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, usually you only can see one sheet at a time, maybe you are talking about different objects but I can't imagine that scenario, can you post a sample or some captures showing the issue?

varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Sorry, yes talking about different objects. Have different objects on one sheet. Below is the screenshot. Have created Text Object (*Other = Medium,..)

When I click on Maximize, the text object disappears.

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

rubenmarin

Hi, maximize option only maximizes one object, so the other is kept behind that one, you can try using 'Text in chart' option, wich is in presentation tab, there you can write the text you want and apply some formats.

Once inserted you click the chart (to make it the active object) and press CTRL+SHIFT, the text will be displayed with a red border, so you can drag to change the width and hight of the text and set the position for it. Note that the text can automatically moved when maximized (I think it keps the % of space to the borders of the object) so you neeed to find a suitable position for both: maximized and restored.

varunamin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks! It worked.