Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text Objects: Changing the size with code, depending on cell- vs total values

Hi,

I have a world map with several of "Text objects" representing (for the purpose of this example) sales values within areas.
I would now like to change the size of these picture objects depending on the ranking of the values in the table - so the larger the sales figures are, the larger the picture is.

Can you do this with code? Play with the width and length of the object?

Table Example:
---------------------------
Name, Value
A, 200
B, 100
C, 50

Object for "A" should be twice as large as for B, and B twice as large as C.
Actually the exact sizing is not the most important, but I would like to create the effect that the larger the value the larger the area. So it could be static with an additional X factor, if that makes any sense.

I am currently on personal and cant share anyting (I suppose?).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Tobbe,

you can use VBScript to play with any attributes of the text object, including size, but keep in mind that those macros can only work in the Developer tool, maybe in IE Plugin, but certainly not in AJAX.

As an alternative, I'd recommend a scatter chart with the size of the bubble represented by sales, overlayed on top of the map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Tobbe,

you can use VBScript to play with any attributes of the text object, including size, but keep in mind that those macros can only work in the Developer tool, maybe in IE Plugin, but certainly not in AJAX.

As an alternative, I'd recommend a scatter chart with the size of the bubble represented by sales, overlayed on top of the map.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot Oleg, how cool is that - a scatter chart does it all for me! Almost a shamed right now for how easy that was 😉