Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text as Pop up Line Chart Disappears

Hi,

I have a line chart with two dimensions, one expression and another expression to be my custom pop-up text. The problem is, if the pop-up text is the second expression, it doesn't pop-up on hovering over the chart's data points, and, if the pop-up text is the first expression, the lines in the chart disappear.

Anyone know what's causing the problem and how to fix it?

I've attached the qvw illustrating my problem. It is the big 'Margin Percent' chart on the 'Client Performance' tab.

Thanks and best regards,

Ryan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I figured out what the bug was. I had conflicting axes. My pop-up text had its axis on the left and my expression had its axis on the right. Put them both on the right an voila.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

A tipster came by, dropped off the solution and deleted his comment -- perhaps he wanted to stay anonymous? I've posted his solution below, though, in case anyone else needs it.

Instead of using one expression for plotting and one expression for pop-up text, use only one expression, enable the text as pop-up option, and use the dual function, e.g., dual(text, expression). In my case it's

dual('Margin Percent: ' & Num(

1-(Sum({<[Novus Rate Calc Type]={'Net'}>} [Novus Rate])

+Sum({<[Novus Rate Calc Type]={'CPM'}>} [Novus Rate]*[Booked Impressions])/1000)

/

(Sum({<[Client Rate Calc Type]={'Net'}>} [Client Rate])

+Sum({<[Client Rate Calc Type]={'CPM'}>} [Client Rate]*[Booked Impressions])/1000)

, '#,##0%'),

Num(

1-(Sum({<[Novus Rate Calc Type]={'Net'}>} [Novus Rate])

+Sum({<[Novus Rate Calc Type]={'CPM'}>} [Novus Rate]*[Booked Impressions])/1000)

/

(Sum({<[Client Rate Calc Type]={'Net'}>} [Client Rate])

+Sum({<[Client Rate Calc Type]={'CPM'}>} [Client Rate]*[Booked Impressions])/1000)

, '#,##0%')

)

Not applicable
Author

There's one problem with this though. When I use this technique, my axis that was originally in % reverts back to decimals and if I try to adjust the 'number' tab to show it in percents the pop-up text no longer works.

Not applicable
Author

I figured out what the bug was. I had conflicting axes. My pop-up text had its axis on the left and my expression had its axis on the right. Put them both on the right an voila.