Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The state of different sheets

I have three sheets in my qvw file. Two sheets are <inherited> state and when i click a button or select something the current selection stays selected when i change between the sheets. The third sheet is currently also <inherited> state but I want to change it so that when I select something on the third sheet, it does not stay selected when I move to one of the other two sheets. I tried to just create a new state for the sheet and change all the objects on that sheet to the new state as well but now when I make selections on that sheet nothing happens.

How do I make it so two sheets are linked but the third has a current selection of its own?

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understood correctly, your setting should work.

Do maybe your expressions in your objects reference the default set $, i.e. are you using set analysis?

Could you upload a small sample application that demonstrates your issue?

shawn-qv
Creator
Creator

As you've created a new State (e.g. State2), you can set state on the sheet level of Sheet3 (i.e. Sheet3 Alternate State = State2). From there onward, I believe any object created in Sheet3 with the <inherited> state will belong to State2.

You will need to elaborate a little bit more on what you mean when you say "nothing happens".

S.