Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The state of different sheets

I have three sheets in my qvw file. Two sheets are <inherited> state and when i click a button or select something the current selection stays selected when i change between the sheets. The third sheet is currently also <inherited> state but I want to change it so that when I select something on the third sheet, it does not stay selected when I move to one of the other two sheets. I tried to just create a new state for the sheet and change all the objects on that sheet to the new state as well but now when I make selections on that sheet nothing happens.

How do I make it so two sheets are linked but the third has a current selection of its own?

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understood correctly, your setting should work.

Do maybe your expressions in your objects reference the default set $, i.e. are you using set analysis?

Could you upload a small sample application that demonstrates your issue?

shawn-qv
Creator
Creator

As you've created a new State (e.g. State2), you can set state on the sheet level of Sheet3 (i.e. Sheet3 Alternate State = State2). From there onward, I believe any object created in Sheet3 with the <inherited> state will belong to State2.

You will need to elaborate a little bit more on what you mean when you say "nothing happens".

S.