cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pandatin09
Contributor
Contributor

Thousands separator in class function

I am having issues getting the thousands separator to appear in the class function for the bin, I currently have the dimension set as this calculated field and i would like the bin values to include the thousands separator 

=text('$ '&dual(replace(class([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin),'<= x <','- $'),class([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin)))

The  vNotionalBin is the user variable that they can input to adjust the binning of this dimension to further drill down or to zoom out.

and count of another variable for my expressions tab which works fine.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

You could instead format your upper and lower bin amounts using the propper Money() function and concatenate the limits. 
To get a numerical value as well you then apply the Dual() function like you already did and skip the text() function because that would delete the numerical part you just before created with Dual().

So one solution could be:

Dual(Money(Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin))&' - '&Money(Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin)+vNotionalBin),Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin))

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MarcoWedel

You could instead format your upper and lower bin amounts using the propper Money() function and concatenate the limits. 
To get a numerical value as well you then apply the Dual() function like you already did and skip the text() function because that would delete the numerical part you just before created with Dual().

So one solution could be:

Dual(Money(Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin))&' - '&Money(Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin)+vNotionalBin),Floor([Notional Amount in USD],vNotionalBin))

Pandatin09
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Marco, your solution managed to replicate the class function and display the values in the format that i would prefer.

MarcoWedel

you're welcome.
Glad it helped