Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Timeout questions

Hi, I have a question of explanations of "Timeout".

There are two types of Timeouts: Document Timeout and Possible Session Timeout.

1) If a client wants to keep his session for stepping away for 1 hour, which one should I choose?

2) If I raise Possible Session Timeout to 3600 seconds(1 hour), will it occupy memory hence limit other users' access?

3) What's the main diff between 2 types of Timeouts? Although I read from the explanations below, I feel I still miss something.

Does opening one document mean it's available for different sessions? When does a document actually close?

1. Document Timeout:

The Document Timeout value allows you to control for how long a document will be allowed to be

unused before the QlikView Server closes the document and reclaims the resources.

A document is a QVW file opened by the QlikView Server. Open documents take up valuable system

resources (i.e. RAM) and should not be allowed to remain open when not in use. However, if documents

are closed too quickly, the user may see longer delay times when accessing the document while the server

reopens it.

2. Possible Session Timeout:

When the session has had no activity for the specified number of seconds, it is eligible to be closed if a

new user requests to start a session

Thank you.

0 Replies