Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

To create dynamic variable in Load Script so that i can create a expression in Load Script

Hello,

I was facing an issue with my data model as i have to create everything in the load script. Everything is working as expected but there is one issue that there are two variables created in the Front End like this:

vStartDate=Floor(Date(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3)),'DD-MMM-YYYY'))

vEndDate= Floor(Date(MonthEnd(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3))),'DD-MMM-YYYY'))

variable's value depends on the selection of [Fiscal Date]. I Want to d it in Script End as this is the requirement.

Can anybody suggest how to proceed.

Thanks,

Manish Rawat

hicdjklech_miszkiewicz‌  Qlik Community

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Petter,

It didn't worked but i somehow made a logic on the back end to summaries the Date field with the All the data (Year Month) and made a flag out of it.

It is working fine for me now.

Thanks for your support. Really appreciate it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can define them in the load script by using SET statements like this:

SET vStartDate='=Floor(Date(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3)),''DD-MMM-YYYY''))';

SET vEndDate='=Floor(Date(MonthEnd(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3))),''DD-MMM-YYYY''))';

Notice that you have to use two single quotes to get one single quotes inside a string that is delimited by single quotes.

If you don't like the double quoting you could actually write it verbatim but you must then have a space between the two equal characters:

SET vStartDate= =Floor(Date(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3)),'DD-MMM-YYYY')) ;

SET vEndDate= =Floor(Date(MonthEnd(Max(AddMonths([Fiscal Date],3))),'DD-MMM-YYYY')) ;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Petter,

Thank you for your reply.

How do you want me to implement this as if i declare those two variable Using SET and with using peek, then i'll be getting either Max Value or Min Value depending upon the parameter we give in Peek (0 or -1).

My Requirement:

Existing:

If user Selects Year=2018 and Month=Apr then vStart= 4/1/2018 (Num Converted to date)

and similarly vEnd=4/30/2018 . It all depends on the selection.

As it should be:

it all should happen in Load Script.

Kindly provide me the workaround to do as you suggested.

Thanks in Adv.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to get the max value of [Fiscal Date] while running the load script then you can use a Peek. Then it is not a selection in Qlik terms....

MAX_FISCAL: LOAD Max([Fiscal Date]) AS MaxFiscalDate RESIDENT <the-table-containing-Fiscal-Date>;

vStartDate=Floor(Date(AddMonths(Peek(MaxFiscalDate),3),'DD-MMM-YYYY')) ;

vEndDate=Floor(Date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Peek(MaxFiscalDate),3),'DD-MMM-YYYY')) ;

DROP TABBLE MAX_FISCAL;

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did this work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Petter,

It didn't worked but i somehow made a logic on the back end to summaries the Date field with the All the data (Year Month) and made a flag out of it.

It is working fine for me now.

Thanks for your support. Really appreciate it.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're welcome. Please mark the question as answered to close the thread.