Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rekha
Contributor
Contributor

To display Arrival Trend and Resolved Trend in a single graph in Qlikview

Hello Experts,

We are having separate tabs in QlikView for Arrival Trends and Resolved Trends. And each tab has its own graph (screenshot below). But we have an urgent requirement to display both the Arrival and Resolved Trends in one graph, under one tab. Can you please suggest how to achieve this ? Earliest response is appreciated. Let me know if you require additional information.

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_0.png

Kind regards,

Rekha

Labels (3)
15 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

well if its an adhoc request do this

Table:

Load Date(Created,'dd/mm/yyyy') as DateKey,//use the format you want in chart

'Created' as DateType,

1 as cnt 

from excel;

Load Date(Resolved,'dd/mm/yyyy') as DateKey,//use the format you want in chart, add more dimension like week, //month etc, if you want to have drill down

'Resolved' as DateType,

1 as cnt 

from excel;

in your chart add date fields as dimension and two expression sum({<DateType={'Created'}>}cnt) and sum({<DateType={'Resolved'}>}cnt)

Rekha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the script. Where exactly do I have to use this - in Master Calendar ?

asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

well I assumed you have no model, can you do ctrl+T and paste the image?

Rekha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

clipboard_image_3.png

asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

your data set is not linked to master calendar

assuming that arrivaldate, resolveddate and calendar date are in same format and case_id_ is the unique key

add this as new code

Date_link:
Load ARRIVAL_DATE as CalendarDate,
'Arrival' as DateType,
CASE_ID_

Resident Sephora;

Load RESOLVED_DATE as CalendarDate,
'Resolved' as DateType,
CASE_ID_

Resident Sephora;

in front end create a group dimension using fields from Calendar table.

Create a line chart with new group dimension as dimension

add two expression

count({<DateType={'Arrival'}>}CASE_ID_)

count({<DateType={'Resolved'}>}CASE_ID_)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rekha, did Anand's latest post get you what you needed?  If so, please do not forget to come back and use the Accept as Solution button to give him credit and let others know that solved things.  If you are still struggling, please provide an update, and you may want to attach a sample app as well this time in order for folks to see everything, as it should be much easier for them to provide a working example at that point.

There is one thing I am going to include here, a design blog post that may be of some use:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Calendar/ba-p/1471527

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Time-Table/ba-p/1469392

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578

Hopefully those may be of some further help if you are still struggling with things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.