Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

To reduce row height

Hi All,

I have an excel file with descriptions of various levels like for Novice, Intermediate, Expert etc. The table has 3 columns,

1. Score,

2. Level

3. Description -- this is a free text with varying length.

I have created a table box to display the 3 fields. Now, for level 1 I have 3 points, & for level 3 and above i have description lines varying from 6 - 10 lines.

On the presentation tab of the table box, under multi line settings i have clicked on wrap text & have mentioned the cell height as 10 lines (to accommodate all lines for level 4 & 5).

Now on level 1 & 2 i have only 3 lines, so the cell height looks really big, if i reduce the cell height to 5, lines on other levels will be missed.

What is the best solution to display this. Can the cell height be made dynamic or adjusted. Data would not be changed also. Its a fixed data.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ioannis,

Since its not possible directly. I would take one of the tip from the links provided.

Thanks a lot !!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think there isn't solution for that problem, height is automatically set ....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Height is not automatically set. I have set it manually for now. Its not looking good. So, any help to reduce row height would be helpful.

Thanks !!

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

it is not directly possible, but maybe any of the following will prove helpful :

Dynamic Cell / Row / Line Height

Re: Row height in straight table

Re: Macro for increasing row height

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're right, I expressed in a bad way, I meant that if you set height, is for the whole object not for selected rows

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ioannis,

Since its not possible directly. I would take one of the tip from the links provided.

Thanks a lot !!