cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Top 3 Direct Sources

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the Top 3 Direct source

I take one Synthetic Dimension which is Valuelist(1,2,3)

Expression is

If(ValueList(1,2,3) =1,$(vCalcRank(1,P(CompanyTracker))), If(ValueList(1,2,3) = 2, $(vCalcRank(2,P(CompanyTracker))), $(vCalcRank(3,P(CompanyTracker)))))

I am not sure, is that expression is correct or not? Help me

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Thanks for Attempting.

I don't want any thing. I want to know Explanation about this expression. In that, Variable is below

vCalcRank

----------------

Dual(

Only({1<[Detail]={"=Rank(Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, CT = $2, Detail =-{''}>}Candidate))=$1"} >}Detail),

Count({1<[Detail]={"=Rank(Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2, Detail =-{''}>}Candidate))=$1"}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2>}Candidate) / Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2>}Candidate))

What is the use of this?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Gysbert_Wassenaar

How should we know? What is Detail? What is Source? What is Candidate? How are they related? What are you trying to calculate in the first place? And why?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

No, I am asking about flow

Here they are calculating

Dimension is ValuesList(1,2,3)

If(ValueList(1,2,3) =1,$(vCalcRank(1,P(CompanyTracker))), If(ValueList(1,2,3) = 2, $(vCalcRank(2,P(CompanyTracker))), $(vCalcRank(3,P(CompanyTracker)))))

If(Dimensionality() = 1, $(vCalcRank(1,P(CT))))

Same as 2 and 3

And then That variable value is

Dual(

Only({1<[Detail]={"=Rank(Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, CT = $2, Detail =-{''}>}Candidate))=$1"} >}Detail),

Count({1<[Detail]={"=Rank(Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2, Detail =-{''}>}Candidate))=$1"}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2>}Candidate) / Count({1<[Source]={'Direct'}, VT = P(VT), CT = $2>}Candidate))

Here, They are calculating for

Source Field has = {Agency, Direct, Internal, Referral)

Candidate is nothing but Employee Names

VT - Year

CT - Company Names

Might be clear. I Apologize my English