Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

URL not displayed when multiple rows

Hi

I am trying to display a URL in a stairght table here is my expression a&<'url'>&b but for few rows its actually displaying a blank(where are 2 records for same person/date) , as soon as I include dimensions a and b in the chart all the url values displays correct..

Can someone please let me know why is this caused ? and how do I include those 2 dimensions in expression rather than dimensions .. for now I have included them in dimensions and hidden.

Thanks!

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

As you mentioned it yourself that when there are 2 records, Straight Table doesn't know which value to display. You need to tell it which one it needs to display: First Value or Last Value or Both Values in the same column?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do I display both ?

sunny_talwar

You can use Concat()

Concat(a) & <'url'> & Concat(b)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

actually I want to display in 2 rows  not in a single row

sunny_talwar

‌I guess in that case add a and b as your dimension and then hide both these using hide column check box on presentation tab of straight table's properties.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's what I am doing now .. but I don't want to include in dimension , can I someway add in the expression itself ?

sunny_talwar

I doubt it would be possible without adding the dimension. But what is the issue with adding the dimension? You won't see a and b dimension as they are going to be hidden.