Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sai_katare
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to call a HTTP request from dashboard to another

Hi, 

I have two dashboards. The user does his analysis on dashboard 1 and passes the filters through URL to another dashboard. This whole functionality is working fine. No issues with URL. Filters are passing to dashboard 2. 

The problem is with the load. The 2nd dashboard(to which filters are being passed) has around 200 Million records. 

The first time user click the link (from dashboard 1) it is not working properly....the dashboard is loading data with previous filters (not the one currently selected) but when the same link is clicked again it works fine. 

I believe that Qlikview is taking time to load the data in memory...which is taking time and because of which it is failing to pass filters in the 1st time.

My Questions are:

1. How to make this work in the first go?

2. Why is qlikview not displaying results ONLY after loading the complete data in memory? (Time is set to max in QMC)

PLEASE help!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would suspect this is more an issue of browser caching etc., I would clear the browser cache for a user and then try things and see what happens, if that then runs correctly, that should be the issue, and there is not much we can do about that from our side as far as I know. 

Another means to potentially catch things in the act would be to use the web browser developer tools to trace the connection/calls and see what is being reqeusted/received etc. and the web browser codes, as I am betting the first try is a 304 result, which is cached, whereas when you click again, that is likely a 200 return...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.