Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to login as user into the file in which section access implemented after sometime

can any one please tell me, I am Unable to login to the qvw file as user after sometime, but again i am able to login as user after reloading the file by logging as Admin

21 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you opening the QVW using the desktop client or accessing the QVW on AP?

If you are opening the QVW using the desktop client, are multiple users accessing this QVW?

Could it happen that users save the QVW?

If this could happen and if 'strict exclusion' is enabled in document properties, you won't get access to the QVW if a user with an incompatible set of records has saved the QVW.

Not applicable
Author

HI swuhel

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for replying you late

Yes, I am opening the QVW on desktop client

yes, i have created three users and three users are able to access the QVW with 3 different user credentials

No, users cant save the QVW, i didnt give this previlage to the users

yes, strict exclusion is enabled on the file..

sorry, i couldnt understand you, what you mean by incompatible set of records.. could you please explain me

Thank you

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If your user wants to open the QVW, he gets only access if the reduction field values linked to this user in section access are available in section application table.

Could you confirm, that all reduction field values for the user that can't login are still part of the data model when the admin user opens the QVW (before performing the reload!)?

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I am implementing sheet security with section access.

Yes, I am able to see all the sheets , when i login as Admin  before reload 

Thank you

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I was talking about the moment when the user can't login anymore. Then check that the data contained in the section application table still matches with all values listed for that user in the section access table.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you please post the section access table and the reduction table you are using?

Not applicable
Author

Seems to be Your Section table is not Linked to your Data Model correctly. UserAccess table must have SHEET Field Name in order to apply the data reduction.

For debug purpose, remove the section access and check all tables are properly connected or not.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you open the document in QV Desktop as ACCESS=ADMIN and make changes to it (tweaking objects, chaning selections, whatever), always reload before saving your changes. If you save just the changes (i.e. without a reload), you may end up with a reduced document that causes the effects you described and Stefan already explained.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter, No, I am not making any changes as you thought

Actually, with the  above code that i have written for section access to give sheet access to user..

I am unable to login as user , but when i reload the document by login as ADMIN then my section access code is running and i am able to login as user and i am able to see the specified sheet that i assigned to the user..

Thanks for reply